Experienced software engineer specializing in accurate customer-focused design and implementation.
Recent Professional Experience
Web Developer CT,
· Designing, developing, modifying, and maintaining ASP / VBScript web site pages for list database system .
Java Developer Innovation
· Developing java gui using swing classes, sockets, xerces, xml. This gui talks to other components with xml and sockets. It's designed on the j2ee and j2sdk platform.
Skills: Java, Swing, J2SDK, J2EE, JBuilder, XML
Independent Software engineer contractor 2000 current
Software Engineer Cyphermint Marlboro Ma (3/04 7/04)
Developed, debugged, and maintained
screen-scraping layer for AAA kiosk, plus provided post production root cause
isolation of customer problems, supplying technical
Web Developer Dr. Barry Taylor Weston Ma (9/03 2/04)
Designed and launched interruptible and recoverable
online patient intake form, with ongoing debugging and technical
Skills: PERL, HTML, DOM, CSS
Software Engineer FairyTale Fashion
Implemented MIVA e-commerce interface for
clothing design company, and provided on-going technical
Web Developer Postmark
· Created modification tool for modifying font layout on the fly, giving customer freedom to choose their own style and see it in context.
· Designed retailer list interface page , allowing customer to modify the list without having to engage the web developer. Implemented standard styles in CSS file.
Java Developer Sitescape Maynard Ma (5/01 2/02)
· Developed secure web application allowing local folders to be efficiently dragged directly onto any remote computer, using Java, swing, and J2EE SDK.
Skills: Java J2EE, Swing, drag-drop, applet, JTree, SSL, multi-part mime, internationalization
Software QA Engineer APEngines Maynard Ma (10/00 4/01)
· Analyzed the Java code, and created comprehensive XML diagnostic troubleshooting tool to drive test of the code
· Answered problems discovered by QA team when they ran my script
· Designed and developed Java communication between management storage layers, giving easily-extendable interface.
· Created easy customer work-order tracking for cable and telephony provisioning workflow system by expanding RMI and Corba connection .
Skills: Java, XML, technical
Java developer self Waltham Ma (1/98 8/98)
· Designed and built Java client-server middleware, allowing both client and server to have increased features without having to modify either one.
Skills: middleware, Java, JDK, streams, sockets, frames, Swing, multi-threading
Software Engineer at Compaq/Digital Equipment Corp. 1994 2000
Principal Software Engineer
· Increased customer base by enhancing Excursion X Server under Pathworks 32 on Windows 2000, NT, W95/W95, and provided back line support to both customers and internal users for the server.
Skills: X Server, Winsock, TCP/IP, DECnet, C++, Microsoft Visual C, Visual Studio, COM interface, MFC, Windows 2000, NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, Technical Support
Principal Software Engineer Marlboro Ma (1/96 6/96)
· Developed and debugged X Motif Excursion X server in C++ on NT under MULTIA project, improving functionality and performance.
Skills: X Motif, X Server, C++, NT, registry, Xlib, API development
Senior Software Engineer Marlboro Ma (1/95 12/95)
Designed and implemented LAT
· Created X Windows cut-and-paste interface, giving the customer an integrated design with what they are already used to.
· Built asynchronous design, taking advantage of WSAAsyncSelect for improved performance.
Skills: LAT, C++, NT, X Windows
Senior Software Engineer Maynard Ma (1/92 12/94)
Developed multiple unix platforms solutions for VTSTAR terminal
emulator, and on both NT and Windows 3.1, vastly increasing number of platforms
the code was
· Designed and implemented TELNET support, including interfacing to TRUMPET WINSOCK, which improved performance and simplified the design.
· Created Multi-page support for VTSTAR emulation. SSU (Session support Utility) on UNIX OSF, SCO AIX, providing compatibility with VT420 architecture.
· Ported DECTERM to SUN UNIX workstation, including LWP (lightweight processes) for Regis graphics threads support, giving color Regis graphics for the first time on that platform.
Designed and built OSF thread
· Implemented DECTERM printing support, ASYNC I/O, international characters. SIXEL graphics, improving our terminal emulator competitive edge.
· Led the project for TEK Tektronix 5125 emulator under X Windows Motif on both Unix and VMS, facilitating efficient production and communication between management, documentation, and engineering teams.
Skills: Unix, Telnet, Winsock, OSF, SCO, AIX, multi-threading, Regis graphics, TEK 5125, X Windows Motif