The Engineer Entrepreneur
Dan Koenig

A joint meeting of ASME, SME and IEEE Worcester PACE

Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2003
Schedule: 5:30p.m. Social Hour, 6:30p.m. Dinner, 7:30p.m. Presentation
Place: Holiday Inn, 500 Lincoln St., Worcester, MA.

Program:
Dan Koenig will present a summary of the material in his book covering the current situation engineers find themselves in today; i.e.- companies are becoming less paternalistic, hence long careers in one company are no longer the norm. He will explain what this means to the individual engineer and why it requires an entrepreneurial approach for a successful career. He will the describe the entrepreneurial attributes and skills that go a long way in building business acumen for the engineer so he/she can have a successful career, either as a business owner or as a member of a business product team.

Mr. Koenig is a past president of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1995-96) and is an expert Manufacturing Technologies,Systems, and Organization. As a consultant, he has helped a variety of companies in Strategic Planning, Implementing Computer Integrated Manufacturing, selecting and implementing state of the art computer controlled machines, and improving overall manufacturing performance. In industry, his career spanned 21 years with General Electric. He held a variety of senior positions, including Plant Manager and Mgr. of Industrial Engineering Consulting. His career ,since leaving General Electric, included assignments in Vice Presidential positions with Avid Thermal Technologies Inc. and Steinway & Sons.

Directions:
I-290 from the West: Take Burncoat St. exit #20 towards route 70 / Lincoln St. Keep in left lane of exit ramp. Go straight through intersection onto Melrose St. Turn left onto route 70 north. Proceed approximately. 0.6 miles to Holiday Inn on the left side of the street.

I-290 from the East: Take the Buncoat exit #20. Turn right at the base of the ramp onto route 70 N / Lincoln St. Proceed 0.6 miles to Holiday Inn on the left side of the street.

Dinner choices: Baked Boston Haddock or Grilled Breast of Chicken Dijonnaise - $15
RSVP by November 14 to Janice at 508-831-5236

For questions contact Stanley Tanenholtz <kstanen@rcn.com>