Worcester County Section IEEE Summer Picnic
Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Worcester County Section's PACE Member Development and Networking Picnic will be held at the Westville Lake Recreational Area in Southbridge, MA on Saturday, between 12:00pm and 6pm on June 21, 2014. Plan on spending a June weekend afternoon enjoying an early summer picnic while networking with fellow Worcester section members. It is a great opportunity to make new friends, develop new contacts, learn about new opportunities, go for a hike, and get some fresh air and exercise!

There will be a short executive committee meeting at the picnic to discuss future meetings and to go over the upcoming IEEE USA meeting and Region 1 meeting. Any Questions email me at vgaw@ieee.org or call me at 978-422-7249. If you have problems on the day of the event call my cell at 508-414-9972. Google maps have given good directions in the past.

Vernon Gaw
Chair
Worcester County Section IEEE

Meeting Agenda:

We have reserved picnic shelter 2 with 5 large picnic tables, one large grill, electric outlet, and a spectacular view of the lake and dam. The picnic shelter is reserved from 8 am to 7:30 pm, but we plan to informally start around 12:00pm, begin our picnic lunch between 1 and 2pm, and informally end before 5pm. If you can't make it by 12-12:30, make it when you can, there will be plenty of food and fun all afternoon.

Directions to Westville Lake Recreational Area, Southbridge, MA:

Driving east or west on I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) take Exit 9 to I-84 South.

On I-84 South take Exit 3, the Sturbridge exit, to Route-20 West. At the first traffic light turn left onto Route-131 East (toward Southbridge).

Drive east on Rt-131, about 2.3 miles. Just after the Shaw’s (in a shopping center on your left) turn right onto Wallace Road (just after a small strip mall on your right), a winding residential road, and proceed until you encounter a left hand turn with a sign to the Recreation Area; the turn is immediately before a very sharp, hair pin turn going up an incline to your right.

Turn left at the intersection with the Recreation Area sign, go down a small hill for about 100 feet and at the bottom turn left again into the Westville Lake Recreation Area entrance.

Drive past the open field on your right, past the small building on the left (rest rooms), and up the hill into the parking area. Shelter #1 is the big shelter on your right, Shelter #2 is the smaller shelter on your left.

Please register with the Vtools system by June 14. Don't worry about meal choices too much as we will bring plenty of food. If you have special needs let us know.