LAMP programmer with front end, back end, user, and databasing skills
“I'm bi-lingual; in addition to computer, I speak English.”
resumé in MS Word format
1728 Juneway Ter.
Chicago IL 60626-1014
LAMP web programming:
drupal, BlueWater MVC
user interface/experience, wireframe, information architecture
; 2005 - present
major clients include:
Ariza Resource Center
, Bloomingdale, IL; 11/08 - present
Zacks Investment Research
- Wrote custom case-tracking system for psychological treatment center, replacing Word Perfect macro-based "system".
- Generated needs documentation, specifications, use cases, and information architecture through user/stakeholder interviews.
- Implemented system in drupal 6, later migrating to drupal 7.
- Included form generating capability to output cases in a variety of print formats.
, Chicago, IL; 8/11 - 5/12
(PHP, BlueWater MVC framework; ORACLE;
- Maintained, enhanced, and documented web ad serving middleware
- Coded modules to deliver content in whatever format new clients required (AJAX, HTML for iframe, JSON, XML).
- Overhauled & expanded system documentation & improved processes.
- Developed & optimized SQL queries for internal demand reporting and one-off data maintenance.
- Implemented new advertising campaigns, both actual content and demographic targeting.
- Designed & implemented integration of additional data flows into scoring processes.
- Coordinated closely with marketing, including meeting at least weekly
, North Chicago, IL; 11/10 – 3/11
- Built PHP/MySQL back end for Adobe flex estimating system.
- Built complete Data Manager application to maintain product database.
- Created automatic generation of PDF formatted reports.
, North Chicago, IL; 7/10 - 10/10
(PHP, MySQL, smarttest)
- Built automated testing suite for complex medical/pharmaceutical dictionary.
, Chicago, IL; 6/10 - 7/10
- Auxilliary UI development on large site.
, Chicago, IL; 11/09 - 3/10
- Drupal resource in design and engineering of high traffic supermarket website.
- Wrote custom drupal modules for acquiring and tracking site users' personal and demographic information. [code sample]
- Within pre-existing specs, implemented registration form with improved response time and better data retention.
; 9/09 - 10/09
, Chicago, IL
- Designed and implemented formalization of office procedures for growing internet company.
(PHP, MySQL, Doctrine ORM, Subversion)
- Updated aggregating and reporting functionality for custom advertising system.
, Chicago, IL; 12/08 - 7/09
(drupal, PHP, MySQL, jQuery; use cases, information architecture, user interface/experience, wireframe)
- Initial development and team-building of multi-country, multi-agency, multi-language provisioning system to announce calls for tenders, accept bids, evaluate proposals, and track contract performance.
, Chicago, IL; 8/08 - 10/08
(PHP, linux, Perforce CMS)
Good Dog Design
- Wrote a set of objects for inter-machine communication in a distributed system (ping, uptime, average load, etc.).
, Mill Valley, CA; 5/08 - 7/08
Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago
, Chicago, IL; 4/08 - 6/08
(PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS; information architecture)
Topin & Assoc.
- Overhauled existing class calendar, implementing basic data integrity, preparatory to adding a second calendar page for a second course of classes.
, Chicago, IL; 2/08 - 4/08
(HTML, CSS; Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
Shaker Recruitment Advertising
, Oak Park, IL; 10/07 - 2/08
- Created expense account tracking system. [code sample]
- Re-built custom dedicated CMS system for greater efficiency and flexibility.
- Implemented session tracking and logging for a client website.
- Automated periodic reporting, saving an hour or two of programmer time a week.
- Cleaned and streamlined code for several websites.
, Chicago, IL; 4/07 - 10/07
, Evanston, IL; 10/06 - 3/07
After School Matters
- Implemented wide range of missing functionality in complex, behind schedule reservations system for a major Chicago cultural institution.
, Chicago, IL; 2/06 - 8/06
(PHP, MySQL, CSS; information architecture, user interface/experience)
- Revised and enhanced non-functioning report generator, with greater flexibility and efficiency.
- Consolidated and enhanced attendance reporting system, adding new tallies.
- Integrated and re-organized two separate administrative systems into one; rationalized database structure.
; 1997 - 2004
, Chicago, IL
(Windows, DOS, UNIX; FoxPRO, Visual FoxPRO, SQL, Crystal Reports; ACCPAC/SBT;
Citrix Metaframe; pcAnywhere; information architecture, user interface/experience)
- Modified, enhanced, and upgraded Visual FoxPro ACCPAC/SBT accounting for multi-million dollar, multi-state company, with responsibility for custom recycling Materials Purchase system: including revisions in file design, system function calls; slipstreaming efficiency and standards compliance revisions; porting customizations through version upgrades, including upgrade to Visual FoxPro.
- Designed and implemented custom 3-level "Master Order" system integrated into existing custom Material Purchase system.
- Designed and implemented Y2K conversion for entire mission-critical system.
B.S. Computer Science
Roosevelt University; Chicago IL
copyright © 2013, Neil Rest