Coming To A Web Site Near You:
If you can express big ideas in small spaces, then writing movie taglines is the job for you.
Taglines appear at the bottom of movie posters and in movie trailers.
Taglines can sell the premise of a film, they can tease you with excitement,
sex, violence, and scares, or they can just be funny. Collected below are the the famous and infamous, the funniest, and most groan-inducing taglines Hollywood ever wrote.
A Movie Taglines Quiz
To view the answers, click and drag to highlight the line below the tagline...
- A comedy about fear of commitment, hating your job, falling in love and other pop favorites.
- A Masterpiece Of Modern Horror
- A nervous romance.
- A tale of murder, lust, greed, revenge, and seafood.
answer:A FISH CALLED WANDA
- All his life, Ray Kinsella was searching for his dreams. Then one day, his dreams came looking for him.
answer:FIELD OF DREAMS
- Can two friends sleep together and still love each other in the morning?
answer:WHEN HARRY MET SALLY
- Coming To Save The World This Summer.
- Don't Go in the Water
- Ever wanted to be someone else? Now you can.
answer:BEING JOHN MALKOVICH
- Everyone has one special thing.
- Family Isn't A Word... It's A Sentence.
answer:THE ROYAL TENEMBAUMS
- Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.
answer:THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION
- Five Criminals. One Line Up. No Coincidence.
answer:THE USUAL SUSPECTS
- Five Total Strangers Team Up For The Perfect Crime.
They Don't Know Each Other's Name. But They've Got Each Other's Number
- He is afraid. He is alone. He is three million light years from home.
answer:E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- He Saw The World In A Way No One Could Have Imagined.
answer:A BEAUTIFUL MIND
- His whole life was a million-to-one shot!
- How the future began.
answer:THE RIGHT STUFF
- In space no one can hear you scream.
- In Vietnam The Wind Doesn't Blow It Sucks
answer:FULL METAL JACKET
- It's the hottest day of the summer. You can do nothing, you can do something, or you can...
answer:DO THE RIGHT THING
- Just because they serve you doesn't mean they Like you.
- Leisure Rules
answer:FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF
- Love Kills
answer:SID AND NANCY
- Man is The Warmest Place to Hide.
- Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
- Never give a saga an even break!
- Never let her out of your sight. Never let your guard down. Never fall in love.
- No One Gets Away Clean
- Not every gift is a blessing.
answer:THE SIXTH SENSE
- On The Air. Unaware.
answer:THE TRUMAN SHOW
- Paul Sheldon used to write for a living.
Now, he's writing to stay alive.
- Tea At Four. Dinner At Eight. Murder At Midnight.
- The Day We Fight Back
- The first casualty of war is innocence.
- The greatest fairy tale never told.
- The Man... The Music... The Madness... The Murder... The Motion Picture...
- The most devastating detective story of the century!
answer:ALL THE PRESIDENT’S MEN
- The Story That Won't Go Away
- The Ultimate Trip.
answer:2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY
- They have a plan, but not a clue.
answer:O’ BROTHER WHERE ART THOU
- They stole his mind, now he wants it back.
- They're young... they're in love... and they kill people.
answer:BONNIE AND CLYDE
- This time it's war
- We are not alone
answer:CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
- We could tell you what it's about. But then, of course, we'd have to kill you.
- You Won't Believe Your Eye.
- In The Game Of Seduction, There Is Only One Rule: Never Fall In Love
- This Summer, Evil Meets It's Moose.
answer:THE ADVENTURES OF ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE
- If you see only one movie this summer, see Star Wars. But if you see two movies this summer, see...
answer:Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Be afraid. Be very afraid.
- Be Unafraid. Be Very Unafraid.
- Be Afraid. Be Kind of Afraid.
- It's 4 A.M., do you know where your car is?
HOME PAGE | EPHEMERA | FRIENDS & FAMILY | PORTFOLIO | CONTACT