52 Questions on Alien Abduction
My Personal Feelings and Experiences
by Ray Levasseur August 1998
Some background and disclaimers
A couple of years ago someone sent me an ASCII extract from a web site containing the 52 questions. I found them interesting and passed the text on to a dozen or so e-mail friends who were interested in this subject. Over half replied that the questionnaire bothered them since their life experiences agreed with many of the questions. I tracked down the source web site and added a link to my own "Page Of Secrets". Please refer to the disclaimer and link that immediately precedes the questions for the source of the following questionnaire. This and other web sites provide a wealth of information regarding the alien abduction phenomenon.
My major in college was Management Science, with a minor in psychology. Actually I should have majored in Psych or English, as these were the subjects that held my interest the most. My course concentration was in developmental and abnormal psychology, and part of the course work was developing surveys and questionnaires. I have seen participated in many surveys that attempt to prove a correlation between survey content and behavior, personality and tastes. There are a number of fairly accurate questionnaires that determine a person's predisposition to alcoholism/addictions, homosexual tendencies, latent talents and abilities, neurosis/psychosis or anything else the survey designer can dream up.
I have also developed and teamed with others in creating surveys for men's groups, which revealed some interesting, if not downright embarrassing personal information on many of the survey participants. These were designed to protect the anonymity of the volunteers, while allowing them to share things that they would never even admit to their closest friends.
I did find the 52 Abduction questions quite interesting as well as thorough. I have read a number of articles that claim adult survivors of incest/serious childhood abuse also rank high on alien abduction surveys. Are these people also abductees, or do the two phenomena share a lot in common? Another interesting point to ponder is, this has, and is happening in every part of the globe, and the victim's stories dovetail in many areas. It's pretty interesting, considering that none of these people know one another and come from various cultures, but share many common experiences, memories and traumas common to the abduction phenomenon. Until fairly recently this has been a subject that's been shrouded in secrecy and shame, much like the gay male/lesbian who lived in fear of exposure, ACOA's, alcoholics, victims of incest and others who's life stories might shock the genteel and anal retentive folk. Even though Jesus said, "you will know the truth and the truth will make you free," there are far too many people who are terrified of whatever truths are out there, facts that could very well topple their sensibilities.
If only a portion of the many thousands, perhaps millions of abduction stories are TRUE, then there IS something mighty extraordinary going on. Some believe that it's the work of E.T.'s, the skullduggery of a shadow gummint experimenting on an unknowing populace, explainable as an emerging class of mental illness, the work of dark spiritual forces lead by Satan himself or none/all of the above. Whatever it is deserves more in depth, sane and sober examination. Now let's get on to the questionnaire and my replies; as always, tour mileage may vary.
PLEASE NOTE! I did not compile the following 52 questions and cannot take credit for their creation. Visit the following three links for the source of the survey and much more. At this point in time I will not speculate on why I was able to answer in the affirmative to so many of Melinda's questions. I do NOT believe it was due to alien abduction, but from many unresolved conflicts and excess baggage I carried around from my youth. Most all of these issues have been fully resolved through involvement in therapy during the mid to late 70's, and later from involvment in 12 step recovery groups. I fully agree with her that if you can honestly say "YES" to many/most of her questions, then seeking professional help might be in order. This does not mean that you are crazy or the victim of alien abduction, but something deep in your subconscious is yelling at you for attention. Listen to it, especially if it's adversely affecting your life and relationships with others. At the bottom of this page are links to other sites you might find interesting, that deal with aliens and abduction.
- Alien UFOs, Mysteries & Phenomena Great web site on the subject and where I tracked source of 52 questions to.
- 52 Signs Of Abduction Page within the above site where you can find these questions.
- Melinda Leslie Page of the person who compiled the 52 questions. This in depth survey is to her credit as creator.
Ask yourself if you . . .
- Have had missing or lost time of any length, especially one hour or more.
When I was younger this happened a number of times. To the best of my knowledge this has not happened since I was in my 20's.
- Have been paralyzed in bed with a being in your room.
Again, when I was younger this was quite common, at least I felt there was a presence. I've also read other explanations from incubus/ succubus to the brain's built in apparatus that locks out excessive movement during sleep, to protect the dreamer from acting out.
- Have unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation on how you received them. especially if you have an emotional reaction to them. (i.e. small scoop indentation, straight line scar, scars in roof of mouth. in nose, behind or in ears, or genitals, etc.
When I was much younger, especially in my drinking days this was fairly common, "how'd that lump, bump bruise get there?"
- Have seen balls of light or flashes of light in your home or other locations
When I was a kid...through teens, I remember seeing this sort of stuff in my dark bedroom. Spooked the heck outta me. Have also read where this can be due to brain activity (noise) or psychosis.
- Have a memory of flying through the air which could not be a dream.
When I was a kid, remember these strong memories quite well. At least I was convinced this was not dream. Mom and Dad thought I'd OD'd on comic books and Sci-Fi movies.
- Have a marker memory that will not go away (i.e.: alien face, examination, needle, table, strange baby, etc.)
I must admit that the classic alien gray, needles and medical exam rooms of any sort STILL make me feel VERY uncomfortable. I associate medical exams with something invasive, and that it will probably hurt. This goes way back to when I had my tonsils and appendix out; age 5-8. I totally went psycho and it took the entire OR staff to hold me down when they tried to put me under. I don't remember this but my mother does. Mom told me that during both operations I came out from under the anesthesia in the middle of surgery. I also fess up that the movies, Communion, Fire In The Sky and Intruders left me with creature triple-feature nightmares.
- Have seen beams of light outside your home, or come into your room through a window.
Not since I was a kid, but that could have been dreams of my overactive imagination at the time.
- Have had dreams of UFOs, beams of light, or alien beings.
I fess up here. This dreamscape has repeated throughout my entire life. When I was a kid through teen years aliens, being hit by some sort of beam that pulled me away from my bed, seeing ufos and aliens levitating me away against my will were common. As I got older these dreams became less frequent. During times of extreme emotional stress or when I'm trying to work out some major issue, these dreams return.
- Have had a UFO sighting or sightings in your life.
Nothing up close, but I have witnessed a few things in the sky or that hovered in dark wooded areas that didn't fit anything I was familiar with....ran like heck!!! the other way. Haven't seen anything like this in....ohhh, about 25 years or more.
- Have a cosmic awareness, an interest in ecology, environment, vegetarianism, or are very socially conscious.
Not really. I do believe in the Christian belief that we are entrusted as stewards of the Earth, but I don't spend time obsessing over the plight of Bambi or the snail darter. I still enjoy eating dead animals, but enjoy my veggies just as much.
- Have a strong sense of having a mission or important task to perform, without knowing where this compulsion came from.
I don't really feel this way but MANY people claim that there is something special about me and I have some sort of IMPORTANT work to do here. I've always loved writing, which is another area people have pushed me toward, claiming it's my social responsibility to share this gift.
- Have had unexplainable events occur in your life, and felt strangely anxious afterwards.
This has happened a number of times, but not in recent years. Some of these I believe were answers to ongoing personal prayers. Hey! what can I say, my beliefs are primarily Christian in nature.
- For women only: Have had false pregnancy or missing fetus. (pregnant, and then not)
Can't comment personally; only what I have read about the experiences of women who had this happen.
- Have awoken in another place other than where you went to sleep, or don't remember ever going to sleep. (i.e. upside down in bed, or in your car)
When I was much younger, and into late teens through 30's, which were also my drinking years, "hey wow! who are you? where am I? How did I get here? What did I do last night?" When I was a kid, mom told me I sleep walked a lot. I do remember when I was 10-15 years old waking up in a panic a number of times; in the back yard garden, in the basement, etc.
- Have had a dream of eyes such as animal eyes (like an owl or deer), or remember seeing an animal looking in at you. Also if you have a fear of eyes.
This strongly applied to me from age 7-18, and I cannot fathom why eyes, especially glowing eyes, freaked me out so much. I'm still not very good at times making eye contact. But then, a lot of people do not like being stared at or through. When I was a kid, one movie that sent me running out of the theater in the 50's was "Village of the Damned." There was just something about those kids with their glowing eyes that made me bolt.
- Have awoken in the middle of the night startled.
Many times, but not quite as often as I've gotten older. Night terrors were fairly common in my youth. Once in a while still wake up in a cold sweat, pulse racing, full of angst. This seems to happen more when I've got a lot on my mind.
- Have strong reaction to cover of Communion or pictures of aliens. Either an aversion to or being drawn to.
Ya got me there! These sort of pictures still give me the woollies once in a while, especially at night or when I'm alone, but it depends on my state of mind. I had not thought about any alien or ufo stuff for years and then saw the cover of Budd Hopkin's books. I had similar reaction to the cover of Communion. In both cases I wasn't even looking directly at the books, they just sort of jumped out at me, and of course I just had to buy them.
- Have inexplicably strong fears or phobias. (i.e. heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security or being alone).
Well, I've never been fond of bugs and snakes, but many other people are not attracted to bugs and reptiles. I feel uneasy in unprotected high places, but that could very well be a survival mechanism. A lot of people do not like heights. There are certain sounds and bright lights that trigger some sort of mild anxiety in me. I could tell a long story about my 21st birthday and a Moody Blues record, but that's grist for another mill. And yeah, I feel insecure and alone many times, but we live in such an age of alienation and chaos. Now when I was a kid, I was totally freaked out my many things (according to my parents); bright lights, loud noises, certain electro-mechanical devices, staring eyes, doctors and medical instruments, other people, God, the devil, nuclear war, aliens, monsters, the closet monster, you name it I was afraid of it. What a neurotic kid I was. Thank God I outgrew most all of that stuff.
- Have experienced self-esteem problem much of your life.
Amen here! I personally believe that many, perhaps most people deal with the same thing. Many will not talk about it or are just out of touch with their own subconscious. Many of us who are adult children of dysfunctional families/alcoholics, grew up in abusive "hellfire and damnation" Christian environments never received the Good News that Jesus Christ came to share. There has been enormous damage done to people; all in God's name.
- Have seen someone with you become paralyzed, motionless, or frozen in time, especially someone you sleep with.
I dreamt about this sort of thing quite often when I was much younger, where a light or force pulled me from my environment, while everyone else (family/friends) sat frozen. When I tried screaming nothing came out. When I was married had these very strong visions/dreams. I personally attribute a lot of this to separation anxiety, fear of losing a loved one.
- Have awoken with marks, burns or bruises which appeared during the night with no explanation on how you could have possibly received them.
When I was much younger
- Have had someone in your life who claims to have witnessed a ship or alien near you or has witnessed you having been missing.
Not that I recall, but back in the 70's I used to attend psychic reading with two women friends. Two psychics saw entities that surrounded and watched me. Her description was strangely close to what the grays are described as looking like.
- Have had, at any time, blood or an unusual stain on sheet or pillow, with no explanation of how it got there.
Childhood through my 20's, woke up with lots of nosebleeds, bleeding from one ear, dried blood on pillow. When I went to the doctor he couldn't find anything wrong.
- Have an interest in the subject of UFO sightings or aliens, perhaps compelled to read about it a lot, or an extreme aversion towards the subject.
I have found the subject fascinating off and on for most of my life. There was a period where "alien stuff" was all I was reading. After a while I OD'd and burned out on aliens and ufo's. About 3.5 years ago, I created John Bigboote's Area51, and since then I only occasionally read anything having to do with the subject.
- Have been suddenly compelled to drive or walk to an out of the way or unknown area.
Not nearly as much as when I was younger. But that was probably back in my "out of touch with myself" searching years. The only time I ever feel the urge to drive/walk/bicycle to an out of the way area is to escape the noise and crowds, but I never do this at night.
- Have the feeling of being watched much of the time, especially at night.
Can't explain it at all, but much of my life felt that way, especially at night. I have read many sources that claim this is not uncommon, especially for people living alone.
- Have had dreams of passing through a closed window or solid wall.
This is getting to sound like a broken record, "not since I was much younger. I had them quite often when I was a kid.
- Have seen a strange fog or haze that should not be there.
Ahh, nope! not that I recall.
- Have heard strange humming or pulsing sounds, and you could not identify the source.
When I was younger this happened fairly often. I'd search all over the place and was never able to locate the source. These humming, throbbing and pulsing noises were among those that made me feel uneasy.
- Have had unusual nose bleeds at any time in your life. Or have awoken with a nose bleed.
See earlier reply. Up until my 20's this was fairly common. Doesn't happen at all today.
- Have awoken with soreness in your genitals which can not be explained.
Heh heh! I won't comment on this one, but when it does happen it's usually my prostate acting up; one of those over 40 guy things, but explainable. Seriously though, I have known and talked to a number of people who perfectly fit the abductee profile. They said that this happened after missing time.
- Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of the body.
I've had light-moderate-severe back problems off and on since my early 30's. I awake many times feeling all stiff and twisted, but we enjoy such hostile weather conditions here in Massachusetts, many complain of the same.
- Have had chronic sinusitis or nasal problems.
Been plagued by moderate-severe sinus problems since I was a wee lad; sinus/ear infections, sinus headaches, etc. I NEVER did any of those recreational drugs that people put up their noses, so it was not drug related.
- Have had electronics around you go haywire or oddly malfunction with no explanation (such as street lights going out as you walk under them, TV's and radios affected as you move close, etc.).
Now this is a weird coincidence, and thank goodness has not happened since I was in my 30's. Many times I'd be out walking alone or with a friend and as I walked under street lights, each would wink out as I walked under them, then come back on after I'd passed. Friends would comment about this spooky behavior that only seemed to take place when I walked by. At times I'd feel a bit paranoid, "is this some sort of practical joke, and who's playing it?" The same thing happened to lamps in a room, or TV's and radios would change channels or turn off. This has not happened for about 15 years. I never could explain this.
- Have seen a hooded figure in or near your home, especially next to your bed.
Not that I recall. If I ever did, I'd grab my crucifix and holy water, or dial 911.
- Have had frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear.
Yes, but I have had chronic sinus and ear problems for a while now. This gets worse when I have a cold or flu. I very seldom come down with colds or the flu.
- Have an unusual fear of doctors or tend to avoid medical treatment.
Amen here also! But the fear is not what it was when I was young. I just don't like doctors and medical treatment. The doctors bring bad news and the resulting treatments are worse than the condition being treated. I don't think very many people look forward to doctor visits.
- Have insomnia or sleep disorders which are puzzling to you.
Have had very bad chronic insomnia since I was a boy. I seldom enjoy an entire night's sleep. I have had 3 EEG's and all were totally normal, including sleep deprived EEG. I had an MRI of the head a year ago because of headaches and other stuff, but it came back quite normal.
- Have had dreams of doctors or medical procedures.
Not lately, but quite often from childhood to early 30's. Was usually immobilized in cold dark space with bright light in my face. I never saw anyone but was aware of someone poking, prodding, arranging instruments and some mumbling that I could not make out. Then there would be sharp pain and I'd wake up screaming. One thing that bothered me in the dreams was that I could see forms and shadows, but could never focus on who was in the room with me.
- Have frequent or sporadic headaches, especially in the sinus, behind one eye, or in one ear.
During pollen season or during the Winter get a fair number of sinus headaches, occasional earaches, etc. This is fairly common here in beautiful New England.
- Have the feeling that you are going crazy for even thinking about these sorts of things.
Years ago maybe, but the UFO, alien and abduction topic is becoming more accepted. It is a pretty fascinating topic. People can be more out of the closet today than 30-40 years ago.
- Have had paranormal or psychic experiences, including intuition.
I've always spooked people that way; intuition, pre-cognition or whatever you want to call it. I know (have a hunch) something will happen, can see through even the best pathological liar, and have always had a sixth sense about people, places, events and things. This "ability," if you want to call it that, has saved my butt a number of times.
- Have been prone to compulsive or addictive behavior.
One of the major plagues of humanity; call it addiction, call it compulsion, call it s-i-n; it's pretty pandemic today in all forms. Been active in recovery since the mid 80's. We're living in a very sick world, that's producing obsessive/compulsive and addicted folks. I grew up in an alcoholic family, but I'm in good company; many millions of others have also.
- Have channeled telepathic messages from extra-terrestrials.
Nope! And hopefully will stay that way!!! I have come to know in my heart that a lot of this channeled telepathic message stuff is more spiritual in nature and "seriously" questionable in source. But then again, I'm guilty of being irreparably Christian in my viewpoint today.....Your mileage may vary depending on your own belief system.
- Have been afraid of your closet, now or as a child.
GASP! THE CLOSET MONSTER!!! Well, I always kept the closet door wide open as a child. No monster would get the jump on me. So all right, I still keep the closet door open, force of habit. I know a lot of people who do the same thing. I have a number of women friends who have told me they still get very uncomfortable when they're all alone at night and have to take a shower. Is this also a primal fear that mostly affects women, or is it a seed planted from having watched, "Psycho" too many times.
- Have had sexual or relationship problems (such as a mysterious "feeling" that you must not become involved in a relationship because it would interfere with "something" important you must do).
Another plague of modern society, sex and bad relationships. I often had problems, but was due to my own codependent needy mental state. Many times I did not want to get involved; not because of some task I had, but more out of fear of rejection, abandonment, etc.
- Have to sleep against the wall or must sleep with your bed against a wall.
Not nearly as much as when I was younger. My bed sits in the center of the bedroom, so aliens have a clear shot at surrounding me, but I still sleep on the side facing a door or window.
- Have a difficult time trusting other people. especially authority figures.
Always have, still do. People have to earn trust. Earlier in life I got severely burned by people too many times. I never had much respect for authority...well unless their true actions were worthy of respect. Too many with power and authority I have encountered were poisoned by their ego's and sense of self-importance. I'm very sensitive to vibes of corrupt people; most of them in positions of power.
- Have had dreams of destruction or catastrophe.
WOW! another jackpot! Here we go again; since childhood I was plagued and haunted by nuclear war, volcano, flood, lightning, explosion and alien invasion nightmares. There were also many dreams of being caught in some strange dark industrial environment (power plant, chemicals) where for no reason everything went berserk; explosions, fire, lightning, etc. But most of my nightmares centered around being vaporized or left for dead in a nuclear attack. Please remember here that my formative years were 1947-1965, when the Cold War, Commie paranoia and "duck and cover" drills reached their zenith.
- Have the feeling that you are not supposed to talk about these things, or that you should not talk about them.
Nope, not really. Some people might think even discussing such issues is sick or demented. Personally! I wish people would just stop talking about SPORTS, SPORTS AND MORE SPORTS. And when they're not talking about sports, it's whatever scandal is hot. I have met a few people who openly claimed to have gone through multiple abductions, who do not want to discuss any of the details because they were told not to.
- Have tried to resolve these types of problems with little or no success.
I will not say exactly WHAT happened that made me able to answer in the affirmative to so many of these questions, but whatever it is has mostly vanished or was outgrown. Today my personal feeling regarding whatever experiences I had is, "let sleeping dogs lie."
- Have many of these traits but can't remember anything about an abduction or alien encounter.
Sorry to disappoint ya folks! but cannot remember anything about an abduction, have no photos. There are still some shadows, bogeys and things that go bump in the night.
Here are some other links you may find helpful/interesting that deal in whole or part with this subject...enjoy!
- Bigboote's Page Of Secrets Cheap self promotion of my own page of UFOs, X-Files and the unknown.
- Alien Abduction Experience and research.
- Hot Lizard Boy Abduction tales, survey, etc.
- My Close Encounters A spiritual quest into the extraterrestrial realm.
- Aliens And Soul Abduction Articles
- Abductee.net All sorts of ufo, alien abduction info.
- Communion Homepage Whitley Strieber, author and abductee.
- The Alien Jigsaw True experiences of alien abduction.