MEASUREMENTS, INGREDIENTS, AND CONVENTIONS
USED ON THIS SITE
NOTE: All measurements and information are American.
- T or tbsp. = tablespoon
- t or tsp. = teaspoon
- c = cup- liquid (8 oz; 236 ml) or dry (eg. 453 g for flour), depending on ingredient.
- deg or F = degrees are all given in Farenheit
- oz = ounce
- lb = pound
- flour = all-purpose (bleached) flour unless otherwise specified
- a stick of butter (or margarine) = 1/4 lb = 8 T = 1/2 c
- a square of chocolate = 1 ounce
- whipping cream: 30-36% milkfat
- heavy cream: 36-40% milkfat. Can be substituted for whipping cream.
Updated: August 28, 1996
Comments or questions? Write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org....
(: remove "master" from the address)
Return to Main Food Page
Return to Curly Sue's Home Page