Sheree's MSNBC.com articles:
Travel articles by Sheree that have appeared in the Ambassador Yellow Pages, the Resident, the New York Trend, Offbeat Travel,
Travel Lady Magazine, honeymoonersreviewguide.com, SoGoNow.com, JustSayGo.com, Go World Travel Magazine, Gallagher's Travels, MSNBC.com,
and Travelworld International Magazine:
Check out an interview with Sheree on her favorite romantic New York restaurants at NewYorkology.
Sheree's favorite places to stay:
*Arizona Biltmore-- This "Jewel
of the Desert" has golf courses, a full spa, lush gardens, swimming pools,
and much more, it's no wonder that the Biltmore's been a favorite haunt of
*The Ballantyne Resort Hotel and Spa, Charlotte, NC -- A majestic hotel with heavenly spa, golf course, and indoor grotto pool.
*The Bellagio, Las Vegas, NV -- One of my special favorites, particularly the upgraded rooms with views of the fountain.
Raton Resort and Country Club There's no room for winter blues in sunny
*The Borgata, Atlantic City, NJ -- This brand-new hotel and
casino just opened in July 2003. It's the first new casino in
Grace -- Samuel Jackson's favorite hotel in
*Chateau Bagnol, Beaujolais, France-- Just half an hour from
Med, Crested Butte, CO -- I got to practice what I learned at
*Chateau Frontenac, Quebec City, Canada -- Built in the nineteenth century, this gorgeous, castle-like hotel perches on the edge of a cliff overlooking the St. Lawrence River -- yet it's within walking distance of Montreal's Old City.
Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI -- The world's largest summer hotel since 1887,
its Victorian charm adds to the lure of pristine
*Hotel Teatro, Denver, CO -- "Denver's only luxury boutique hotel" was voted "Denver's best hotel" Zagat 2005.
Iroquois Hotel, Mackinac Island, MI -- Enjoy the best of both worlds: Here
you'll find forty-six Victorian-style rooms against the backdrop of a peaceful
waterside setting -- but the lively town of
*The Lamplight Inn, Lake Luzerne, NY – A romantic Victorian Inn just across the street from Lake Luzerne. The perfect Adirondack getaway.
Montalembert, Paris, France -- A luxurious hotel
in the heart of
*Mountain Top Inn, VT -- Less than a dozen miles from Killington, it's the perfect getaway in summer and winter alike. With a private beach, equestrian center, canoeing, kayaking and more on site, you'll never want to leave. Read Sheree's article on this beautiful inn.
*Mountain View Grand, Whitefield, NH -- The historic Mountain View Grand was fully renovated in 2002. With astounding views, glorious English gardens, a lush golf course, and a state-of-the-art activities center (including a full-service spa!), it's the perfect spot for a quiet, romantic getaway -- or an elegant wedding.
*Olympic Lights Bed and Breakfast, San Juan Island, WA -- Peace and tranquility await you in this restored 1895 farmhouse. Take a picnic lunch to the bluffs and watch eagles soar by. There's also boating, fishing and whale-watching nearby.
Art Hotel, New Orleans, LA -- This ultra-luxurious hotel makes its home in
a renovated 1910 warehouse, and it's nestled in the heart of
*The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, California -- Stunning golf course on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. Love the comfortable spa rooms.
*The River's Edge Resort, Eminence, MI -- Rustic cabins create a homey ambiance at the River's Edge. Canoeing, golfing, antiquing and more are just minutes away.
Scacciapensieri, Siena, Italy -- Four-star
accommodations in a lovely nineteenth-century villa near
*Scottsdale, AZ *La Jolla, CA *Mystic, CT *Washington, D.C. *Boca Raton, FL *Chicago, IL *New Orleans, LA *Boston, MA *Northampton, MA *Shelburne Falls, MA *Baltimore, MD *Kennebunkport, ME *Mackinac Island, MI *Asheville, NC *Raleigh, NC *Clinton, NJ *Santa Fe, NM *Taos, NM *Lake Tahoe, NV *Las Vegas, NV *New York City, NY (of course)! *Portland, OR *New Hope, PA *Philadelphia, PA *Pittsburgh, PA *Newport, RI *Memphis, TN *Salt Lake City, UT *Alexandria, VA *Leesburg, VA *Killington, VT *Port Townshend, WA *San Juan Islands, WA *Jackson Hole, WY
*Aix en Provence, France
*Gordes, France *Lourmarin, France *Lyon, France
France *Cinque Terre, Italy * Roussillon, France
· Spa at Cape Grace, Capetown, South Africa -- With a full fitness center, health and beauty services and more, the spa at Cape Grace Hotel takes pride in catering to its customers' personal needs.
· The Cliff House Resort & Spa - - Bask in the spa’s luxurious treatments while relaxing in the natural beauty of Maine.
· Spa at Cranwell Resort
· Oasis Spa at the Luxor Hotel -- Aromatherapy, steam baths, full-body tanning, and a dry sauna are just a few of the ways to treat yourself like royalty at the Oasis spa.
· Elemis Spa at Mohegan Sun -- Imagine 20,000 square feet dedicated to helping you relax and feel your best! The vast Elemis Spa features seaweed wraps, Shiatsu massage, European facials, and a number of other services. Believe me, after a day of gaming, there's nothing more relaxing than a Swedish massage.
· Olive Leaf Wholeness Center, New York, NY -- Escape the daily grind at this ecologically sound healing environment, which nourishes the body, mind and spirit. You'll find reflexology, Reiki and other energy work, fitness and movement, and the Alexander Technique in this lovely Manhattan oasis.
· Premiere Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico -- This intimate, serene spa offers detoxifying, stress-reducing facials, massages, scrubs, and other body treatments.
· Serenity Gardens, Corrales, NM -- If you're looking for a natural, nurturing environment, look no further than this, my favorite day spa, offering massage, facials, body wraps, natural nails, and more.
· Skytop Lodge -- Skytop Lodge, in the Pocono Mountains, offers a selection of resort lodging that is as unique as the needs of guests. Visitors to the Poconos can choose from the grand historic Skytop Lodge, the serene privacy of deluxe cottages, and for those who love golf, The Inn offers luxury hotel accommodations right on the golf course.
· Susan Ciminelli Day Spa, New York, NY -- Peace and serenity in the middle of Midtown? Yes! This deluxe spa offers creative options like prenatal massage, pumpkin and prune fruit enzyme peels, Belgian rose mineral salt scrubs, and French waxing.
Tiberias Spa & Salon in Lakewood, NJ is really an
oasis in the desert. On the
second-floor of a square white medical building beside a highway next to a bank
is paradise. Fountains, soft music, plush chairs, and beaded lights all
conspire to create an atmosphere of
healing and harmony. Rejuvenate, refresh, invigorate and enjoy. Tiberias is a
full service spa for men and women.
Sheree's favorite learning adventures:
*The New Orleans Cooking Experience, New Orleans, LA -- Funny, knowledgeable teachers. Learn and dine!
We update this site regularly; please visit us again soon!