Steps on Sending Anonymous Email Using Private Idaho Without
An Alias Account
Last Updated on Aug 2, 1997
- Select Clear All from the Edit Menu
- Select Auto-close PGP from the PGP menu.
- Select a person from the To: drop down list or type in the person's email
address. Please note, to add names to the drop down list, open up your ADDRESS
BOOK from the File Menu. Add your favorite newsgroups or frequent email
addresses to the file and save it.
- Type a Subject in the Subject field. "An Anonymous Email Message"
- Type your message in the message window. For example, "This is a test
message sent via Private Idaho".
- Selecting Encrypt to Remailers from the Remailers | Advanced Cypherpunk
- Selecting Chain from the Remailer List
- Select Append Info to Message from the Message menu
- Select the number of remailer(s) that you want to use from the presented
list. For example:
- Your message will then be encrypted with the Public PGP Key of each
respective remailer(s) that you previously selected.
- Please note, the To: window should include the name of the
(email@example.com) remailer that you selected above when you are
done. If this IS NOT the case, then you still have a PGP DOS session
still open. Just click on the DOS session and you will be returned to Private
- Your message should be encrypted within the message window. If it is not,
go back to number 1 above and start over.
- Now the only thing that's left to do is to post the message. This is done
via the Send button. If you are online, press the Send button. If you
are not online, select Connect from the File menu and subsequent to
connecting, select the Send button.
- Please note, that your message will arrive at its destination as sent
From: Anonymous. This is different than your firstname.lastname@example.org because
you DID NOT use the Nym function of Private Idaho.
For instructions on how to send anonymous posts to newsgroups via
an EMAIL GATEWAY account, read News3nym.faq
For instructions on how to send anonymous posts to newsgroups via a
MAIL2NEWS GATEWAY read Newsnym3.faq
For instructions on how to send Anonymous Email using Private
Idaho's Nym Funtion, read Mailnym2.faq.
Text and graphics copyright © 1995 by Wil Ussery All rights