Steps on Sending Anonymous Email Using Private Idaho's Nym
Last Updated on Aug 2, 1997
- You must have your Nym account setup already with Nym.Alias.Net. If you
have not done this yet, please read Nymnew.faq
- Select Clear All from the Edit Menu
- Select Auto-close PGP from the PGP menu.
- Select a person from the To: drop down list or type in the person's email
address. Please note, to add names to the drop down list, open your address
book which is under the File menu.
- Enter a Subject in the Subject field.
- Type your message in the message window. For example, "This is a test
message sent via Private Idaho".
- Select Prepare Nym Message from the Nym menu.
- Several things will happen. Your message window should look like this:
- From: nickname (Your Alias nickname)
- To: email address (Note this is the address that you selected above)
- Subject: Whatever you typed in
- This is a test email message sent via Private Idaho. (This is your Message.
Type in whatever your message should say.)
- PGP will exit to DOS and ask for the password that you are using for your
alias account. If the password is correct your message window should have
encrypted text within it.
- If it is not, go back to number 2 above and start over.
- Adding a Remailer, BEFORE your email arrives at its destination.
(Note this is optional)
- If you want an added level of anonymity, you can add one or several
remailers to your post BEFORE it arrives at its destination. This can be
- Selecting Encrypt to Remailers from the Remailers | Advanced Cypherpunks
- Selecting Chain from the Remailer List
- Select Append Info to Message from the Message menu
- Select the number of remailer(s) that you want to use from the presented
list. For example:
- Your message will then be encrypted with the Public PGP Key of each
respective remailer(s) that you previously selected.
- Please note, the To: window should include the name of the
(email@example.com) remailer that you selected above when you are
done. If this IS NOT the case, then you still have a PGP DOS session
still open. Just click on the DOS session and you will be returned to Private
- Now the only thing that's left to do is to post the message. This is done
via the Send button. If you are online, press the Send button. If you
are not online, select Connect from the File menu and subsequent to
connecting, select the Send button.
For instructions on how to send anonymous posts to newsgroups via
an EMAIL GATEWAY account, read News3nym.faq
For instructions on how to send anonymous posts to newsgroups via a
MAIL2NEWS GATEWAY read Newsnym3.faq
Text and graphics copyright © 1995 by Wil Ussery All rights